Thursday, August 12, 2010

LOVECAKES

I couldn't resist
Two days in a row...you lucky ducks!

QUACK!
So for anyone who doesn't know I LOVE BREAKFAST!
SO SO much!
I went through a chocolate chip pancake phase as a kid...who doesn't? But the I was off the pancakes for a while. the onto microwave pancakes (that didn't last long). Then when I was in Florida I found myself a vegan pancake recipe and decided to have at it and well I still love pancakes...I mean cake you are encouraged to eat at breakfast....awesome!
Well anyways this recipe isn't for vegan pancakes, it is however for vanilla cinnamon pancakes with mixed berry sauce!
(I will include a vegan pancake recipe too...because I love you)
And away we go!

What your need for the pancakes:
1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 & 1/2 tbs. sugar
1 large egg
1 cup milk
2 tbs unsalted butter melted (plus a little more for the pan, I know it may be less healthy than cooking spray, but it tastes better, also this is a baking blog its not healthy in anyway get over it)
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract

Put everything in a bowl use a hand mixer or kitchenaid and mix it! You can do it by hand but I like to almost over mix pancakes, it makes them extra fluffy! mmm! (before you make the pancakes you want to make the sauce...so I guess I should have put that first...but I didn't)
When your pancakes batter is fully mixed fry 1 cup at a time of the batter in a buttered frying pan on medium heat, flip the pancake to cook both sides (my first one is always bad looking so I normally eat that wail cooking). As you finish each I like to set the oven to warm and put the pancakes in the oven on a baking sheet or ceramic plate to keep them warm, warm pancakes are always better (although if you like in an apartment like mine and everyone eats in the living room and are grabbing pancakes as fast as you can make them this isn't really necessary, but if you want to all eat together its nice).

For the berry sauce:
3 cups of mixed frozen berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, snozberry...ya know berries)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Dump berries, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and water until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the cornstarch and water to the berry mix and stir for about 2 or 3 min on medium high heat. You can strain the sauce when its done...I like to do that sometimes especially with berry sauce because the seeds...blah but you don't have to.

These pancakes are good with just plane syrup too (ya know the maple kind), or with a little vanilla bean yogurt and the berry sauce, so good!

and now as promised the vegan pancakes!
you make them the same as the others...except don't use butter in the pan...duh!
1 & 1/2 cup soy milk (vanilla is awesome, or even almond milk yummy)
1 & 1/2 cup flour
1 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1-2 tbs. water (you might not need it but if the batter is too thick don't hesitate to add it, you can use soy milk too if you want).

Sooo...that's it! PANCAKES!


enjoy&junk
kj



No comments:

Post a Comment